Both sides of the Tanzanian 1000 Shilling Lake Tanganyika Catfish Aurum® include aquatic colors, themes, and shapes. A large Cuckoo Catfish (Synodontis Multipunctatus), found exclusively in Lake Tanganyika, is depicted in detail on the obverse. The reverse showcases a Dhow, a traditional sailing vessel used for fishing and transportation on Lake Tanganyika. Additional elements include aerial silhouettes of Lake Tanganyika and Tanzania, as well as the outline of several catfish. The border consists of patterning drawn from local textiles and prints and a second central band incorporating a repeating motif of the Tanzanian Coat of Arms.
Each bill contains precisely 1/1,000 oz of 24k gold protected between layers of durable polymer. The precious metal within each Aurum® is visible throughout each bill from edge to edge and is fully recoverable using standard fire assay techniques.
Each bill is printed with a unique serial number.
- Contains 1/1000 oz of .999 pure gold
- Measures 3″ x 6.9375″
- Two packaging options: a clear archival sleeve or a printed commemorative folder (subject to availability)
- Certificate of Authenticity comes with the printed commemorative folder
- Legal tender
- Made in the United States
- Two-sided printing
- Due to the value of our products, a signature is required for all deliveries.